Request more information from potential volunteers right off the bat and streamline your recruitment process with our Custom Questions tool, available to VolunteerMatch Members!
The Custom Questions tool allows you to create questions to ask prospective volunteers when they express interest in your opportunity. The questions will appear on the connection form when a volunteer clicks 'I Want to Help!' on your opportunity.
Follow the steps below to add custom questions to one of your opportunities:
- Log in to your account at VolunteerMatch.org
- From your organization dashboard, select the pencil icon () to the right of the opportunity you'd like to add questions to; this will bring you to the opportunity details page
- Scroll to the Volunteer Questionnaire field under the Recruitment tab and select ‘Edit'
- Select up to 5 existing questions or add new questions (see instructions below) and select 'Next'
- Drag your questions to reorder them
- Select 'Save'
Please note, if you want a question to be required, check the 'Required' box when selecting a question. If the question is optional, check the 'Ask' box.
If you'd like to create a new question to add to your Volunteer Questionnaire, follow these instructions:
- After selecting ‘Edit,’ select ‘Add Questions’
- Select the type of question you’d like to create and then select ‘Continue’
- Input question and answer choices, if applicable, according to instructions and select ‘Continue’
- Review your newly created question as it will appear to volunteers and select ‘Continue’ to save!
You can choose from 5 types of questions to suit your specific needs: menu, multiple choice (one answer), multiple choice (many answers), one line and multiple lines.
You can also visit the Questions Manager, which you'll find under the Manage Opportunities section in your left-hand navigation menu.
From here you'll be able to view, edit and delete your custom questions. You'll also be able to view which questions are being used in which opportunities!