Start off on the right foot by sending a fun, unique or informative greeting to your prospective volunteers with Greeting Manager!
As a VolunteerMatch Member, you can create custom messages that are automatically delivered to potential volunteers when they express interest in your opportunities. Use the same custom greeting for all opportunities or create up to 20 different messages to choose from.
With Greeting Manager, you can:
Ready to introduce yourself? Just follow the steps below to create a new greeting:
- Log into VolunteerMatch.org to access your organization’s dashboard
- Select Greeting Manager under Manage Opportunities in the left-hand navigation menu
- Select the Add a new greeting button
- A pop-up box will appear; fill out the following information, then select Preview to view what the email will look like:
- Subject Line — stand out in their inbox by making it catchy and attention-grabbing! Brevity is key.
- Message — include any information your volunteers need to know, such as next steps for getting started, how to contact you, or when to expect a response
- Button Name — we recommend striking, action-oriented copy!
- Button URL — by default, clicking the button opens a reply message to the opportunity contact, but you can also use it to direct volunteers to your website, an online application, etc.
- Last, click Save Greeting
Once you’ve created a greeting, link it to one (or more!) of your volunteer opportunities by following the steps below:
- Check the box in the left-hand column of the greeting you want to manage
- Select View and Link Opportunities* at the top of the page, then click the opportunities you’d like to attach to the selected greeting from the drop-down or choose All Opportunities
*Please note that only Active and Draft opportunities will appear in this drop-down!
- Click Save to keep your changes!
Changes should take effect immediately. The next volunteers to express interest in your opportunity will receive your saved custom message.
Need to make changes to an existing greeting? No problem!
From the Greeting Manager, use any of the Action links to the right of a greeting to Preview the message, Edit the contents of the greeting, or Delete the greeting permanently from your account.
Did you know you can also attach documents — including applications or volunteer handbooks — to your custom greetings? Learn more here!