Many of our corporate partners have Dollars for Doers programs -- an incentive for their employees that provides matching grants or rewards to nonprofits where employees volunteer. If you're working with corporate volunteers, you may need to verify hours in order to help process these awards. The contact to verify hours is set by the volunteer -- so be sure to chat with your volunteers ahead of time about who at your organization should validate hours.
Once the application has been submitted by the volunteer, here's what you'll need to do:
- You will receive an email with a subject similar to Hour Verification Request
- This email will include a link to verify the volunteer's hours, as well as the volunteer's name and email address
- When you open the link, you will see a page that lists all of the hours the volunteer has recorded, including the date volunteered and number of hours recorded
- Check the hours against your records, and choose approve or decline for each of the records
- Once you have approved/declined each record, select Submit
- The hours will then be verified
If you are not the correct contact at your organization to verify the hours, you can click on the link to reassign the verification -- either by entering in the contact information for a colleague who can approve the hours, or by sending the notification back to the volunteer.
If you misplace the email to verify hours, you can always reach out to the volunteer and encourage them to log into their account and click on the link to Resend Verification Notice.