Need a little recruitment boost? Promote Your Opportunities lets you embed your VolunteerMatch opportunities into your website or blog by generating a customizable snippet of code based on your preferences.
Plus, by directing all of your volunteers into the same recruitment flow, you'll be able to standardize and automate your communications with them, ensuring that all volunteers receive the same information and freeing up some of your time so you can focus on other tasks on your To-Do list!
Just click Promote Your Opportunities under Manage Opportunities in your left-hand navigation menu to get started. Then follow the steps below:
Step 1: Select the information you want to display
You can customize what information you'd like to share on your website based on the space you have and your recruitment needs.
First, select the number of opportunities you'd like to display (5, 10, or all) and the sort order (Title A-Z, Start Date or Most Recently Added) from the corresponding drop-down menus.
Then check the boxes for any additional details you'd like to include. You can choose from the options below:
- Dates — will indicate a specific date, date range or say "Ongoing Opportunity"
- Location — will display City, State or Virtual
- Description — will include the description of your opportunity (you can customize this further in Step 2)
- Demographics — will share if the opportunity is appropriate for Kids, Teens, 55+ or Groups
Step 2: Choose your fonts
In part two, you'll customize the typefaces you'd like to use on your website. Your options are as follows:
- Font Family — choose from Sans Serif, Serif and Monospace options
- Link Text Size — select how large you'd like to display the Opportunity Name link (this is what a prospective volunteer will click on to sign up)
- Description Length — if you chose to display the description in Step 1, pick how much you'd like to display
Note: short = up to 55 characters, medium = up to 195 characters, full = entire description
- Body Text Size — choose the size of the opportunity details
Step 3: Select your colors
You can customize the color of the following elements: background, border, opportunity title link text, and body text.
If your organization has set branding colors, you can enter a hex code in the space provided. Otherwise, click on the palette icon to use a color picker.
Step 4: Enter placeholder text
You're almost done! Now it's time to write some copy for the placeholder text you'd like to display in case you're not currently recruiting volunteers at the moment, i.e., if you don't have any active opportunities posted on VolunteerMatch.
Can't decide? Feel free to use our default text, which reads:
"At this time, we have no active volunteer opportunities. Please check back soon."
Step 5: Copy and paste the HTML into your website
Here you'll find some HTML that's been created based on your choices in Steps 1-4. Simply copy and paste this into your organization's website.
If you're not sure how to do this or where to add the code, pelase check with your webmaster for help!