Welcome to #CaliforniansForAll powered by VolunteerMatch
We’re so happy to help you start recruiting volunteers. Organizations that join #CaliforniansForAll automatically get full member benefits with VolunteerMatch, and your volunteer opportunities automatically appear on the #CaliforniansForAll site. Below is some key information and additional resources about your new VolunteerMatch Membership account to help get you started recruiting today.
If you’re brand new to VolunteerMatch and want an overview of how VolunteerMatch works read this article, or go ahead and follow the steps below to access your account, add/edit opportunities, and manage/update your account profile.
Accessing Your Organization’s Account
To access your account first you need to be added as an administrator
- Visit your VolunteerMatch organization’s profile page*
- Click "Need admin access?" below the Mission Statement
- Fill out the requested information and submit! Please note that if you don't already have a VolunteerMatch account, you'll be prompted to create one at this time; all admins have their own accounts and logins.
*If you do not have your VolunteerMatch organization page profile handy you can search for it here - http://bit.ly/2xnY5LV. Then follow the steps above and you’re all set.
Once you've acquired admin access, you'll be able to manage the organization dashboard and add opportunities. Visit our Help Center for more detailed information about accessing and managing your organization’s account.
Add a volunteer opportunity to start recruiting!
When you log in to your organization’s account you are taken to the dashboard. From here you can post a new volunteer opportunity by following the steps below:
- Click Add New Opportunity (towards the upper-right corner)
- Complete the following form, making sure all required fields are filled out and then click Save
- On the next page, double-check the details you've entered by previewing your post and when ready click Publish
See our article on adding a new opportunity for more detailed instructions as well as additional articles about creating effective volunteer opportunities.
For a full breakdown of your new suite of membership tools including how to use our greeting manager, add custom questions, and repost your opportunities check out our Help Center Member Benefits section.
Manage your Account & add admins
Once you have an active volunteer opportunity, we recommend updating your organization profile information to make sure the mission statement, description and all your address info are accurate. From your dashboard, you can update these details by following the steps below:
- Click Edit Organization Profile from the left-hand menu
- Update the information you need to change
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
If you want to add additional administrators manually, you can do that by following the steps outlined here.