Volunteer Engagement is a service included with Membership that will allow you to better engage with your volunteers. This is a great feature set to make sure that you’re engaging with all your connections. Click on the tab at the top of your organization dashboard to access these features. If you see a number with an orange circle, that means you have new connections!
The left-hand side is the navigation menu for the Volunteer Engagement space.
The home page (1) has three main sections. The first two columns (from left to right) are showing you numbers of people who have connected with at least one of your organization’s active opportunities.
- New Connections aka Prospects (2)—This section shows Prospect connections. The Prospect status is for new connections who have not been moved to a new status.
- Other Connection Statuses (3)—View a count of your connections by status, including Accepted, Inactive, and Archived as well as those connections that have been marked as Donors.
- Saved Searches (4)—Any searches that have been saved using the Search People tool will show here. You can see how search is used in the article About Volunteer Engagement Search [link].
When you click on Prospect, or any of the other statuses, you will be taken to a page with a list of those connections; from here you can email your connections or view their profiles.
- View a Profile—Instead of checking the box next to the name, hover over the row with the volunteer whose profile you want to view and you’ll see a View button (5) come up, click it. Now you can view the profile for that connection, adjust their status, view the causes and skills provided by the connection, update your custom fields, and view the Profile History for that connection; see the About Volunteer Engagement Profiles[link] article for more details.
- Send Email—Once one or more connections has been checked, you have the option to click the Send Email button (6). This will take you to a form where you can edit the recipients, subject, and body of the email you want to send to your connections.
A record of the email being sent to them will be created in their Profile History so that you can always see a history of what outreach you’ve done.
Change Status (7)—This button allows you to modify the status of the volunteer right from this page instead of going into the individual profile. You can move them from Prospect to Accepted, make them Inactive, or even Archive them. This action applies to any volunteers that you have checked in the list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.