About the Volunteer Engagement Profiles
Volunteer Engagement is a service included with Membership that will allow you to better engage with your connections. Now you can view a connection’s profile which will show you information that they have included in their profile when joining VolunteerMatch (non-editable fields) as well as fields that you can manage as part of the Volunteer Engagement service and any Custom Fields (editable fields) that you have added, giving you information at your fingertips to engage with your volunteers in VolunteerMatch.
You can get to a connection’s profile by clicking View from next to their name in the list of names; you can get to a list of connections from either the Home page and selecting one of the statuses or saved searches, or from search results in the Search People tool.
At the top of the profile page is the connection’s name and their status as set by you (1); either Prospect, In Progress, Accepted, Inactive, or Archived. Then you see the two sections of a connection’s profile: Profile and Profile History.
Profile (2)—Has multiple sections that give you information and insight into the connection.
- Top section (3)—Basic demographics; as admin you can manage Status, Donor, Title, and Phone fields. The name and email is part of the connection’s account and not editable.
- Personal Information (4)—Editable fields: General Availability and Preferred Communication. Other fields come in via the connection’s account
- Skills and General Interests (5)—Skills are those that are selected by the connection when creating a VM account (non-editable); General Interests are a Custom Field option that you can create (See Custom Fields section)
- Qualifications and Background Check (6)—Any qualifications you created will show in this section. If you conduct background checks, you can use the dropdown here to track the status
- Additional Fields (7)—Any of the Custom Fields you created in the Additional Interest category will show in this section.
- Internal Notes (8)—this is a text field that you can use to make notes about the connection, your interactions, and/or other notes you would like to have attached to their profile.
Profile History tab (9)—An activity log of interactions and changes made to the connection’s profile.